PRAKRITI EVAM PRAVRITY SAMBARDHAN KARYAKRAM (PPSK)
About Project: The proposal of this project was given by BAIF to ITC-Kolkata, having studied the geo-hydrological and socio-economic status with existing agricultural practices among the farmers of the Munger district of Bihar, a project proposal was developed blending different technologies for enhancement of family income by improving productivity of different natural resources including land, water, animal and the human resource besides application of different methods and techniques of skills improvement, programme promotion and extension.
One of the important and remarkable features of this project proposal was the mechanism of post-project sustainability of the different activities under its different components by developing peoples' organizations and active participation of farmers for raising a core-fund by collection of contributions from the farmers for rendering them different services and technical inputs at one hand and developing & shaping the local educated youth by class-room and field training & exposure visits to different successful projects, on the other.
This project is funded by ITC Ltd. Kolkata, under its "Sunehara Kal Mission”.
• Monitoring Agency :- NABARD
• Sponsoring Agency :- ITC Limited, Kolkata
Objectives of PPSK project :
1. To generate gainful self-employment and there by, additional income through dairying.
2. Popularize improved animal husbandry practices through demonstrations, training, and extension
3. To ensure effective, economic and timely availability of preventive and clinical health services to the livestock of the farmers,
preferably at their door steps.
Coverage: Munger district of Bihar, No. of Centres – 15, No. of Block: 11
Purpose : The purpose of this project is to impart different technologies for enhancement of family income by improving productivity of different natural resources including land, water, vegetation, animals and the human resource.
The focus is on post-project sustainability by developing peoples' organizations and active participation of the farmers for raising a corpus-fund and empowering the local educated youth by class-room and field training which includes exposure visits.
Approaches : This project is to improve the socio-economic conditions of the rural families of Munger district Bihar, while ensuring sustainable management of Natural Resources.
Some of our activities under PPSK-
1. Natural Resource Management
2. Agro-Business Center
3. Cattle breed improvement and milk marketing
4. Improved Agricultural Practices
Note: - From April’2009, we are concentrating only on cattle development activity
IMPACT OF OVERALL PROJECT:-
• Familie’s coverage in Nawagarhi centre is about 100%
• 10 Milk Marketing Societies supplying 1,500 litres of milk per day to Sudha Dairy, Bhagalpur.
• About 80% farmers are getting AI Service in project area
• About 40 % farmers are taking regular service of support activities
• Buffaloes AI has been increased by two times.
• Eight Centers are working as sustainable.
• Concept of double AI has been changed due to awareness generation & training.
• Farmer Self Help Groups (SHGs) adopting improved farm practices.
• Agri Marketing Centres creating direct market linkages for access beyond local markets.
Achievements (Up To June’10):
||Total A.I. done
||Total Confirmed pregnancies
||Calves born (Male+Fem)
| : Female
|| Vaccination done
|| Infertlity Camp